Engage, Discover, Learn
There are a wide range of local events, speakers and activities open to Merrimack students, faculty, as well as our regional community. The events listed here are an opportunity to engage, discover, and share about sustainability and the environment.
Voice of the Community: Regional Events and Activities
- September 22 - How two rivers changed the course of Amesbury. Merrimack River Watershed Council.
- October 3, 7 p.m. - An Inconvenient Sequel. Stevens Auditorium, Merrimack College campus. Environmental Film Series.*
- October 4, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. - Massachusetts Green Career Conference. Westborough, MA. Learn MorE
- October 9, 10 a.m. to 2:00 pm - Green Andover Tour. Visit homes that have made dollars and sense with solar and wind power. Learn MorE
- October 15, All Day - Where the Wild Things Are: Finding Faith in Nature. Church of the Woods, Canterbury, NH. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 17, 7 p.m. - Death by Design. Stevens Auditorium, Merrimack College campus. Environmental Film Series.*
- October 18, 7 p.m. - Sewage in the Merrimack River: The Problem and Solutions. Newburyport City Hall.
- October 21-22, noon to 6 p.m. - Trustees Traveling Biergartens. Appleton Farms Ipswich. Learn More
- October 25, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Green Building Showcase. Integrated Sciences Complex at UMass Boston.
- November 10, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Harvard College Conservation Society/ALPINE Career Conference. The Center for Government and International Studies, Harvard University. Learn More
- November 14, 7 p.m. - Journey of the Universe. Stevens Auditorium, Merrimack College campus. Environmental Film Series.*
- November 15, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. - 2018 Regional Conservation Partnerships Network Gathering. University of Massachusetts Amherst. Register here.
November 16, 11:00 a.m. to noon - Climate Cafe.* Engage in discussion about arising climate issues with the Women in STEM FYE Course. 2nd Floor McQuade Library.
- December 1, 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Essex County Open Space Conference. HC Media Studio 101 at Harbor Place, Haverhill, MA. Learn More
- December 5, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. - Invisibilities: Seeing and Unseeing the Anthropocene. O’Leary 222, UMass Lowell. Register here.
- December 7, 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. -Cultivating Sustainable Startups.
Red Thread, 101 Seaport Boulevard, Boston MA. Learn More
- December 7, 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Merrimack River Watershed Council hosting a workshop on Climate Change’s Impact on the Merrimack River. Newburyport, MA. Learn More
- January 12, All Day - Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) 32nd Winter Conference. Worcester State University.
- March 7, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - RecyclingWorks 2019 College and University Forum. Wellesley College. Learn More
- March 25, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - R3 MassRecycle Recycling and Organics Conference and Expo. Sheraton Framingham, MA. Learn More
- April 26, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - MIT Sustainability Summit. Samberg Conference Center, Cambridge, MA. Learn MorE
*Sponsored by the McLaughlin Martin Family Environmental Innovation Fund
Submit Your Event
If you would like to add an event or activity, please email Jon Lyon.