Engage, Discover, Learn
There are a wide range of local events, speakers and activities open to Merrimack students, faculty, as well as our regional community. The events listed here are an opportunity to engage, discover, and share about sustainability and the environment.
Voice of the Community: Campus and Regional Events, Speakers, Films and Activities
Regional Farmers Markets and CSAs
- For a listing of Farmers Markets Click Here
- For a listing of Community Supported Agriculture farms Click Here
- September 1, 2019 - July 23, 2020. A Wildness Distant from Ourselves: Art and Ecology in 19th Century America. Addison Gallery of American Art, Phillips Academy, Andover, MA. Learn More
- August 9 - 11. Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) Summer Conference, Amherst, MA. Learn More
- August 16 - 18, Boston GreenFest, Rose Kennedy Greenway, Boston, MA. Learn More
- September 11-13, 57th Annual Hands-On Environmental Health Conference, Plymouth, MA. Learn More
- September 15, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. MRWC River City Cleanup Series: Haverhill. Meet at Buttonwoods Museum parking lot. Learn More
September 15, 3:00 p.m. Concert for the Merrimack to support the Merrimack River Watershed Council. Chelmsford Center for the Arts, 1A North Road, Chelmsford, MA.
- September 20, Massachusetts Green Careers Conference. MA Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, Westborough, MA. Learn More
- September 20-28. Natural State - An art exhibition inspired by the enjoyment of Andover Village Improvement Society (AVIS) property and trails. Andover Center for History & Culture, 97 Main Street, Andover, MA. Learn More
- September 20-29, Essex National Heritage Area, 2019 Trails & Sails. Learn More
- September 21, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Spicket River Cleanup, sponsored by Groundwork Lawrence. Meet at Manchester St. Park, 75 Manchester St., Registration starts at 8:00 a.m. Learn More
- September 21, 22 and 29. New Hampshire Coastal Cleanup days. Sponsored by the Blue Ocean Society. Learn More
- September 22, 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. MRWC River City Cleanup Series: Lawrence. Meet at Riverfront Park, Lawrence, MA. Learn More
- September 24, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Caring for our Common Home.* 5-6pm | International Climate Ribbon Project and vegan chili bar. 6-7pm | Ecology Walk on campus. Meet at McQuade Library. Free and open to the public.
- September 26, 6:00 p.m. Canadian sculpture and video artist, Matthew Trueman will present about his project with Ocean Alliance. 32 Horton St, Gloucester, MA. Learn More
October 2, 7:00 p.m. Environmental Film Series*: Fire and Flood: Queer Resilience in the Era of Climate Change. Showing followed by a live Q&A with film creator Vanessa Raditz. Snacks provided. Free and open to all. McQuade Library, Merrimack College campus.
- Octover3, 7:00 p.m. Backyard Composting with the Bread Oven Method. This program will teach you an easy method to compost in your backyard. Memorial Hall Library, Andover, MA. Learn More
- October 5-6. The Northeast Wildlife Trackers Annual Conference. Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, Westborough, MA. Learn More
- October, 5, 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. Family-friendly event, co-hosted by Greenbelt and Marine Biological Laboratory, celebrating the Great Marsh. Marshview Farm Field Station, Newbury MA. Learn More
- October 6, 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Climate Change - Taking Action with Modern Mapping Techniques. Cox Reservation Studio Barn, Essex MA. Learn More
- October 11. All day. Annual ALPINE Meeting and Charles H.W. Foster Award Ceremony at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Learn More
- October 11, 7:00 - 9:30 p.m. MIT Energy Night. Come see some of the most cutting-edge energy research. MIT Museum, Cambridge, MA. Free and open to all. Learn More
- October 17, 6:30 p.m. Every Drop Counts: Rain Gardens with Trevor Smith. Memorial Hall Library, Andover, MA. Learn More
- October 19, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Careers in Conservation 2019 Conference, sponsored by the Harvard College Conservation Society. Harvard Northwest Science Building, Cambridge, MA. Learn More
- October 23 – 24. All day. Design for People Conference. The Innovation and Design Building, 19 Drydock Ave, Boston, MA. For registration information click here.
- October 29, 8:00 a.m. to noon. Merrimack Valley Smart Growth Summit: The River, Our Water, Our Land. Managing for Climate Change. UTEC, Lowell, MA. Learn More
November 16, 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. Fresco Cooking Club! Groundwork Lawrence, 50 Island Drive Street, #101, Lawrence, MA. Learn More
December 6, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Sustainable Space, Sustainable Earth: From Ideas to Action. McCarthy Center Forum, Framingham State University, Framingham, MA. Learn More
- January 11, All day. 33rd Northeast Organic Farmers Organization Winter Conference. Worcester State University, Worcester, MA. Learn More
January 11, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Seacoast Environmental Film Festival. Save the date.
- February 29. All day. MACC’s Annual Environmental Conference. College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA. Learn More
- March 4 - 6. Northeast Aquatic Biologists Conference. Newport Harbor Hotel and Marina in Newport, RI. Learn More
- April 19 - 21. 76th Annual Northeast Association of Fish and Wildlife Conference. Long Branch, NJ. Learn More
*Sponsored by the McLaughlin Martin Family Environmental Innovation Fund
Submit Your Event
If you would like to add an event or activity, please email Jon Lyon.
Regional ORGANIZATIONS Calendars and Events
- Harvard University Center for the Environment
- Trustees (of Reservations)
- Essex Natural Heritage Area
- North Shore Locavore Farmers Markets
- Essex County Greenbelt
- Mass Audubon Joppa Flats
- New England Aquarium
- Mass Clean Energy Center
- Sustainability Events in Boston
- MIT Office of Sustainability
- Andover Village improvement Society