Engage, Discover, Learn
There are a wide range of local events, speakers and activities open to Merrimack students, faculty, as well as our regional community. The events listed here are an opportunity to engage, discover, and share about sustainability and the environment.
Voice of the Community: Campus and Regional Events, Speakers, Films and Activities
Regional Farmers Markets and CSAs
- For a listing of Farmers Markets Click Here
- For a listing of Community Supported Agriculture farms Click Here
- June 2 - 5, New England Water Environment Association 2019 Spring Meeting. Wentworth by the Sea, New Castle, NH. Learn More
- June 6, 6:30 p.m. Merrimack River Evolution - A Slideshow Presentation, sponsored by the Merrimack River Watershed Council. Hooksett Public Library, Hooksett, NH.
- June 8, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Art Show with a Shawsheen Twist! Hosted by Shawsheen River Watershed Association and Billerica Access Television, 430 Boston Road, Billerica, MA.
- June 8, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Rose Garden Soiree, Stevens-Coolidge Place, North Andover, MA. Register Here
- June 13, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. Native Wild Edibles with Russ Cohen, Memorial Hall Library-The Hall, 2 North Main Street, Andover, MA. Learn More
- June 14 - August 15. NEO / ECO Haala, Sanborn, Vosburg. Essex Art Center, Lawrence, MA. Opening reception: Friday, June 14, 5-7 p.m. Learn More
- June 19, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Shawsheen River Watershed Association (SWRA) Annual Meeting. Memorial Hall Library, Andover, MA.
- June 29, 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Merrimack River Watershed Council Cleanup Series: Methuen. Join others for a cleanup of Methuen’s Riverside Park, Riverside Drive, Methuen, MA.
- July 9 - 12. National Environmental Health Association Annual Meeting, Boston, MA. Learn More
- July 24, 5:00 - 8:30 p.m. New England Women in Energy and the Environment Meeting, Women Shaping the Agenda. Campus Center, UMass-Boston. Learn More
- August 9-11. Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) Summer Conference, Amherst, MA. Learn More
- August 16-18, Boston GreenFest, Rose Kennedy Greenway, Boston, MA. Learn More
- September 20-29, Essex National Heritage Area, 2019 Trails & Sails. Learn More
- September 21, Spicket River Cleanup, sponsored by Groundwork Lawrence. Learn More
- October 11. All day. Annual ALPINE Meeting and Charles H.W. Foster Award Ceremony at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Learn More
*Sponsored by the McLaughlin Martin Family Environmental Innovation Fund
Submit Your Event
If you would like to add an event or activity, please email Jon Lyon.
Regional ORGANIZATIONS Calendars and Events
- Harvard University Center for the Environment
- Trustees (of Reservations)
- Essex Natural Heritage Area
- North Shore Locavore Farmers Markets
- Essex County Greenbelt
- Mass Audubon Joppa Flats
- New England Aquarium
- Mass Clean Energy Center
- Sustainability Events in Boston
- MIT Office of Sustainability
- Andover Village improvement Society