A Roadmap for Success
The Drive Program is an initiative from the Academic Success Center that provides intentional support to identified incoming first-year students.
- Unique First Year Experience (FYE) course experience incorporating experiential learning
- One-to-one support through individual success coaching
- Peer leader connection and programming
- Academic and leadership development through Drive-specific opportunities
- Development of your road map of success at Merrimack
FYE Course Tailored to You
While all Merrimack students take an FYE course in their first semester, as a Drive student you will be enrolled in our program’s special FYE section. This section is designed to help you learn more about yourself as you transition to your new role as a college student. Through active dialogue and reflection, you will develop the skills and knowledge needed for academic, social and overall success.
As an added benefit, your FYE instructor will also serve as your academic success coach. Your coach is your go-to resource for any questions regarding your college transition, academic strategies and overall success.
Beyond Your First Semester
We will be with you every step of your college experience. The Drive team and additional program opportunities will be available as you move through your Merrimack experience.
If you are selected to participate in the Drive Program, you will automatically be admitted into the program and will be enrolled in our Drive-specific FYE course and other opportunities.