The Promise Program
Promise offers students an engaged community for learning, providing opportunities to acquire the skills and networks you need for success during your first year and beyond.
An Ally for Your Merrimack Journey
As a Promise student, you’ll work directly with an academic success coach who will serve as your guide to support you on a variety of topics, including time management, major exploration, academic skills, such as note-taking and critical reading, and referring you to other campus resources as needed.
90% of Promise students who entered in Fall 2018 returned for their second year.
Connecting with a Coach
Our current students tell us they appreciate their coaching relationship because it is individualized, and they know their coach cares about them as a student and as a person. You can expect to connect with your coach regularly during your first year. In addition to your assigned coach, you will also engage with our upper-class student peer leaders and our extended coaching team. You will continue to have access to a Promise coach through graduation.
Additional Features of Promise
There is so much that Promise has to offer you, including:
- Mentoring from upper-class Promise peer leaders
- Individualized referrals to other campus resources
- Early course registration for the first-year spring semester
- Tailored First-Year Experience (FYE) sections
- Promise-specific course opportunities
- Optional one-credit topics’ courses on leadership, academic skills and strengths-development