The Tutoring and Math Center offers a number of workshops to help you become more successful in your mathematics and non-mathematics courses.
Workshop topics include:
- Basics of Trigonometry (Precalculus, Calculus)
- Dimensional Analysis (General Chemistry; Concepts in Algebra)
- Factoring (Concepts in Algebra, Intro Math for Business, Precalculus, Calculus)
- Graphing Calculator Regression
- Graphing Calculator Tips for the Beginner
- Graphing Calculator Tips for the More Experienced
- How to Prepare for a Final Exam in Math
- How to Prepare for a Math Test
- How to Read a Math Book
- Matrix Row Reduction; Gauss-Jordan Elimination (Intro Math for Business, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations)
- Optimization (Calculus I)
- Partial Fractions (Calculus II, Differential Equations)
- Related Rates (Calculus I)
- Series Convergence (Calculus II)
- Strategies to Use When Taking a Final Exam in Math
- Strategies to Use While Taking a Math Test
- Studying Mathematics as a Language
- Using Equation Editor to Type Formulas and More
- Word Problem Strategies
Pre-registration is required. Registration links will be updated regularly here as additional workshops are scheduled.
Please note: If you register for a workshop but cannot attend, please let us know so that we can make that slot available to another student.
Calendar of Events
Workshops are shown in the calendar below along with Tutoring and Math Center operating hours and other events.