Tutoring & Math Center Workshops
The Tutoring and Math Center offers a number of workshops to help students be more successful in their mathematics (and other) courses. Workshop topics include:
- Basics of Trigonometry (Precalculus, Calculus)
- Dimensional Analysis (General Chemistry; Concepts in Algebra)
- Factoring (Concepts in Algebra, Intro Math for Business, Precalculus, Calculus)
- Graphing Calculator Regression
- Graphing Calculator Tips for the Beginner
- Graphing Calculator Tips for the More Experienced
- How to Prepare for a Final Exam in Math
- How to Prepare for a Math Test
- How to Read a Math Book
- Matrix Row Reduction; Gauss-Jordan Elimination (Intro Math for Business, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations)
- Optimization (Calculus I)
- Partial Fractions (Calculus II, Differential Equations)
- Related Rates (Calculus I)
- Series Convergence (Calculus II)
- Strategies to Use When Taking a Final Exam in Math
- Strategies to Use While Taking a Math Test
- Studying Mathematics as a Language
- Using Equation Editor to Type Formulas and More
- Word Problem Strategies
To register for a workshop and/or view brief descriptions of all workshops listed above, click on the link in the box on the right of this page. The same link will take you to the registration form for workshops scheduled in the near future, and will change regularly.
Please note: Participation is on a first-come, first-served basis. Pre-registration is strongly suggested. If you register for a workshop but cannot attend, please let us know so that we can make that time available to another student.
Workshops are shown in the calendar below along with Tutoring and Math Center operating hours and other events.
No workshops available at this time.