A year-by-year advising roadmap for students in the Girard School of Business.
- Get to know your academic and career advisers and the Lucey Center services.
- Have your résumé approved by your Girard School of Business career adviser; use the Resume Template.
- Let us help you develop an understanding of your skills, abilities and strengths for academic and career achievement. Try the MyPlan self-assessment.
- Research various career paths: My Next Move, Careers in Business, Job Shadow.
- Work with your advisers to tailor your academics with career opportunities in mind.
- Expand upon professional knowledge and network through a variety of Girard School of Business career events and other on-campus events.
- Confirm your academic concentration and research career opportunities within your chosen academic area.
- Develop a clear professional pathway, setting goals to achieve success through academic and experiential learning opportunities.
- Purchase career/interview attire and practice proper interview etiquette and review tips with your business career adviser.
- Develop and enhance professional networks through participation in Girard School of Business networking events or networking on LinkedIn. Research networking tips to get you started.
- Transition academic and professional knowledge into the workplace with experiential opportunities such as internships and externships.
- Consider, research and apply to GRAD Advantage.