A year-by-year advising roadmap for students in the Girard School of Business.
- Get to know your academic and career advisors and the services offered by the Lucey Center for Business Advising. Schedule an appointment with your advisor in Handshake.
- Use one of our templates to assist you with creating your resume (template 1 or template 2). Then, schedule an appointment with your career advisor to have it reviewed and to talk about next steps.
- Let us help you develop an understanding of your skills, abilities, and strengths for academic and career achievement. Try the Awato self-assessment.
- Research various career paths through websites like My Next Move, Careers in Business, and Job Shadow.
- Work with your advisors to tailor your academics with career opportunities in mind.
- Expand upon your professional knowledge and grow your network through a variety of career events.
- Confirm or declare your academic concentration and research career opportunities within your chosen academic area.
- Develop a clear professional pathway, setting goals to achieve success through academic and experiential learning opportunities.
- Purchase career/interview attire and practice proper interview etiquette and review tipswith your business career advisor.
- Continue to enhance your professional network by participating in Girard School of Business career events and building connections on LinkedIn. Research networking tips to increase your effectiveness.
- Transition academic knowledge into the workplace with experiential opportunities such as internships, co-ops, and practicums.
- Thinking a graduate degree may be the right step for you? Consider, research, and apply to Merrimack’s GRAD Advantage program.
- Confirm with your academic advisor that you are on track to graduate.
- Work with your business career advisor to develop a timeline and plan of action for your career launch.
- Decided to pursue graduate school? Understand the application timeline and process for various graduate degrees.