Invaluable Field Experience
The K-12 Teacher Education Fellowship links graduate study with a year-long clinical residency in a PreK-12 partner school.
Tuition-Free Teacher Education Fellowship
As a K-12 teacher fellow, you’ll work in a school district for a full academic year, gaining unparalleled and invaluable field experience. You’ll engage in a range of classroom-based activities, including small group instruction, co-teaching, and ultimately, independent classroom instruction. Fellows graduate in one year, tuition-free.
Important Dates for the 2020-2021 Teacher Education Fellowship Program
- Priority Application Deadline: December 10, 2020*
- Campus and Site Interviews: January/February 2021
- Spring Orientation: April 2021
- Summer Orientation: August 2021
- Courses Begin: Summer I session; May 2021
- Fellowship Placement: late August 2021 to late June 2022
*Applications for the 2021-2022 fellowship will be reviewed on a rolling basis for fellowship positions until all positions are filled.
Teacher Education Fellows take summer courses to prepare for their residency and then transition to evening classes while participating in their classrooms. After completing their coursework, residency, and a portfolio project, Teacher Education Fellows graduate with a Master of Education (M.Ed.) and licensure in their area of specialization.
- English as a Second Language (PreK-6)
- Middle School (5-8)
- High School (8-12)
Where You’ll Get Your Professional Experience
Fellows participate in a residency with community partner organizations, including:
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School
- Lynnfield Public Schools
- Newburyport Public Schools
- North Andover Public Schools
- St. Augustine School, Andover