Updates and Resources
- George Lucas Educational Foundation - New Teachers
- Massachusetts Dept. of Elementary & Secondary Education - Induction and Mentoring
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Public School Teacher Attrition and Mobility in the First Five Years - National Center for Education Statistics (2015)
Empowering Educators: Easing the New-Teacher Transition,
Nov. 9, 2016 (M.I.N.T.S. Launch Event). Presented by Julia G. Thompson, teacher, author, workshop leader and facilitator & Susan B. Neuman, former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Collaborative Learning and Team-Based Approaches Workshop, April 5, 2017. With Jane Parent, Associate Professor of Management, Girard School of Business.
- Teaching Coding with Robots: From Kindergarten to Career (Root Workshop), April 26, 2017. Presented by Shaileen Pokress, K-12 Computer Science Curriculum Specialist (Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering, Harvard University) & Raphael Cherney, Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Scantorial. Co-sponsored by McQuade Library’s STEMsmart grant, M.I.N.T.S. and Kappa Delta Pi Education Honor Society.
New Teacher Support Specialist