Sheltered English Instruction (SEI)
Merrimack College offers Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) coursework and endorsement as part of our full bachelor’s and master’s teacher education programs in the School of Education & Social Policy (SESP). In addition, Merrimack College has been approved by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) to offer the course for endorsement only. SEI for endorsement only is offered through our teacher education graduate program as a 0-credit, pass/fail course. Students will be enrolled as non-matriculated graduate students, and will receive an official transcript from the college upon request. Once the course is successfully completed, the Office of Placement and Compliance within the SESP will provide the necessary endorsement to the DESE.
- Students must hold an active teaching license through the DESE.
- Students must have completed an undergraduate program and hold a bachelor’s degree (any discipline).
- Students must not be currently enrolled in a teacher education graduate program at Merrimack College.
Tuition for the SEI endorsement only course is $500, and students will receive a tuition statement from the Bursar’s Office. Course vouchers for student supervision will be accepted.
The SEI course for endorsement only will be held on-campus and online.
Please complete the enrollment form and select the appropriate term. The course is subject to a minimum and maximum registration per term. Your enrollment is not complete or verified until you receive notification from the School of Education & Social Policy.
Spring 2018 Session
The dates listed below are on-campus meeting dates. There will also be supplemental online assignments to meet the SEI requirements.
- Thursday, January 25, 4:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday, January 27, 9am-5pm
- Thursday, February 1, 4:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday, February 8, 4:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday, February 15, 4:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday, March 1, 4:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday, March 8, 4:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday, March 15, 4:30pm-8:30pm
If you would like to be placed on a waiting list for a future session, please contact Jessica McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please contact Jessica McCarthy in the School of Education & Social Policy at email@example.com.