The Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering combines four-credit foundational courses with electives for a total of 32 credit hours.
Core Courses (8 credits)
- GEN 6001 Finite Elements
- MEN 5010G Advanced Mechanics/FEM
Electives (24 credits)
A minimum of three electives must be chosen from the courses listed below. Students may take all six electives from this list if they choose. A maximum of eight credits can be chosen from the business curriculum of the Girard School of Business. A maximum of two electives may be transferred in.
- GEN 5001 Introduction to Systems Engineering
- GEN 6002 Numerical Methods
- MEN 5012G Instrumentation/Robotics
- MEN 5020 Mechanical Behavior of Polymers
- MEN 5030G Energy Systems
- MEN 5040G Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- MEN 5050G Manufacturing Processes
- EEN 5555G Power Engineering & Power Quality
- GEN 6004 Engineering Project Management
- GEN 6800 Graduate Internship
- GEN 6999 Directed Study (faculty approval required)
- GEN 6999 Special Topics (topics vary)
PLEASE NOTE - Not all classes are offered every year. Please work with the program director to plan a sequence of courses that best fits your desired graduation timetable.