Joining the Honors Program entitles students to a wide range of opportunities for fostering community, engaging in service, participating in research, and growing into leadership. These include:
Honors Program Scholarship
- Upon admission to the college, every invited entering first-year student who commits to the honors program by May 1 will be awarded a $1,500 scholarship. The award is renewable each year the student remains in good standing in the honors program.
Small, dynamic classes with some of the Merrimack’s most experienced professors.
One-on-one research opportunities with professors in a student’s major.
Opportunities to present research at national and regional conferences.
Special honors advising in addition to student’s academic adviser.
Peer mentoring from upperclass students.
- Honors students register for classes before their peers.
Research and Travel Grants
- Honors students can apply for research and travel grants through the Honors Program. These monies may be used to fund summer internships, study-abroad opportunities, and research or credit-bearing travel experiences.
Guaranteed internships or co-ops on or off-campus.
Automatic admission into many Merrimack master’s programs with continued Honors status.
- Co-curricular and extracurricular events throughout the year (banquet, plays, concerts, etc).
- Honors Student Council
- Opportunities to participate in service with other Honors students.
The Honors Commons
- Access to the Honors Commons, an Honors-only study area.
Special honors community housing (Honors Residential Suites).
A living-learning community for incoming first-year students.
- Honors graduates will wear an Honors Program Medallion and the Honors Program seal will be noted on diplomas to signify a student’s achievement.