There are many benefits to joining the Merrimack College Honors Program. The Program offers students a wide range of opportunities for fostering community, engaging in service, participating in research, and growing into leadership.
Honors Program Benefits
- Small, dynamic classes with some of the Merrimack’s most experienced professors.
- Honors classes average 18 students per section.
- One-on-one research opportunities with professors in student’s major.
- Opportunities to present research at conferences.
- Special honors advising in addition to student’s academic advisor.
- Peer mentoring for students to learn from upperclassmen experiences.
- Honors students get to register for classes before their peers in their graduating classes.
Research and Travel Grants
- Honors students can apply for Research and Travel grants through the Honors Program.
- This money can be used to fund summer internships, study abroad opportunities, research, or credit-bearing travel experiences.
- Co-curricular and extra-curricular events throughout the year (banquet, plays, concerts, etc).
- Honors Student Council
- Opportunities to participate in service with other Honors students.
Free Admission to Arts Events
- Free admission to many on-campus events at the Rogers Center.
The Honors Commons
- Access to the Honors Commons - honors only study area.
- Special Honors community housing (Honors Residential Suites)
- A Living-Learning Community for incoming first-year students.
- “Honors Program” will be noted on transcripts and diplomas to signify student’s achievement.
Honors Program Scholarship
- Upon admission to the College, every invited entering first-year student who commits to Merrimack Honors by May 1st will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship. The award is renewable each year the student remains in good standing in the Honors Program.