The honors program strives to support the course needs of students from every major in the college.
We offer three types of honors courses:
- Honors sections of the three courses that every student at Merrimack is required to take:
- Introduction to Philosophy
- 100-level religious and theological studies course
- College Writing
- Honors courses that help students satisfy core area requirements in the liberal arts, social sciences, math and science.
- These include honors sections in psychology, economics, business, education, environmental studies, writing and rhetoric, calculus and physics.
- Honors Contracts.
- Students may, with the approval of their professor, earn honors credit in a non-honors course by completing additional research or a special project called Honors Contract. This enables students to receive honors credit for upper-level courses in their major.