Prepare Yourself

Now that you’ve decided to study at Merrimack, here is some information to help you prepare.


When is Orientation?

International Student Orientation begins onMonday, January 14, 2019. Please plan to arrive on or by this date.

Travel Arrangements

When should I arrive at Logan Airport?

If you are joining us for the spring 2019 semester, please arrive at Boston Logan International Airport no later thanMonday, January 14.

Can someone pick me up from the airport?

Yes, Merrimack has partnered with Flight Line to provide an airport shuttle service from Boston Logan to Merrimack College upon your arrival. Flight Line instructions can be found on your Pre-Arrival form.
Undergraduate Students (seeking a bachelor’s degree): You can find a Pre-Arrival form in MyMack in your Mack Tasks section. If you need help accessing this, please contact
Graduate Students (seeking a master’s degree): Please complete the Graduate Student Pre-Arrival Form. If you have questions about this form please email


When will my bill be available?

Undergraduate Students
Fall semester bills will be available in early July. Bill payment is due August 8. If you would like to pay via wire transfer, please use Flywire. If you have bill and payment questions, contact the Bursar’s Office or 978-837-5105.

Graduate Students
Graduate Students can find information about tuition and billing using the following links: 

What You’ll Need 

What do I need when traveling to the United States?

  • Passport
  • Valid student visa (Canadian citizens will receive a visa upon entering the U.S.)
  • Form I-20
  • Your acceptance letter from Merrimack College

Most international students will need to apply for the F1 student visa. In order to do so you will need to provide a declaration of finances form as well as a notarized bank letter. Merrimack will then provide you with your I-20, which you will use to schedule an appointment with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country. Click for instructions to complete I-20 requirements

Maintaining Your Status

How do I maintain my status as an international student studying in the U.S.?
Homeland Security’s Guide to Studying in the United States

Health Insurance

Am I eligible for health insurance?
As an international student, you are automatically enrolled in the Merrimack College Student Health Insurance Plan.

Check it out

Prepared by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the Guide to Studying in the States reviews specific rules that international students studying in the United States must follow.