The Presidential Fellowship Program was launched to strengthen and expand the work of the Interdisciplinary Institute.
The key objectives of this new signature program are:
- Fostering curriculum transformation
- Supporting pedagogical innovations
- Encouraging faculty collaboration
- Nurturing professional development and innovation
Tenured and tenure track Merrimack College faculty members will be selected each year to join a community of scholars and spend one semester in residence at the institute. Presidential fellows will receive a stipend and a course release.
Presidential Fellows will participate in a bi-monthly seminar, open to the public, and explore new ways of engaging with faculty and students. Fellows may also pursue additional activities including:
- Host interdisciplinary scholars
- Develop new curriculum
- Explore innovative pedagogies including team-teaching
- Co-author publications and grants
- Travel to regional, national & international conferences
- Propose and participate in faculty retreats
- Support interdisciplinary initiatives on campus