Minor in Public Relations
As a public relations minor at Merrimack, you’ll learn how to produce and consume communications and understand how messages influence everyday life, culture and public opinion.
What You’ll Learn
- You’ll develop and analyze strategic communication campaigns
- You’ll apply persuasion and public opinion theories and concepts to campaigns
- You’ll write both news articles and press releases
- You’ll prepare persuasive and effective messages for a variety of contexts and media
- You’ll consume and critically unpack scholarly and applied forms of research related to public relations and other persuasive fields.
The public relations minor emphasizes hands-on, experiential learning that will prepare you for work in the communications industry. You’ll practice your skills in a number of communication-affiliated student organizations, such as writing for The Beacon or working on social media campaigns for MCTV and WMCK. You’ll also have the opportunity to apply your skills in on- and off-campus internships or paid positions in media and professional communications businesses.