Graduate Fellowships in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Graduate fellowships for the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program are highly competitive programs that build and enhance your professional skills and defray tuition costs.
In you choose our on campus M.S. program, Fellowships offer you the opportunity to enrich your academic study as well as professional development, linking graduate study with earning and work experience.
How It Works
A limited number of Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) Presidential and Provost Fellowships are available for those beginning their first year of study for the on campus, two-year program. Applicants to the on campus program interested in the part-time track are not eligible for the fellowship but will be considered for a Dean scholarship if admitted to the program.
CMHC graduate fellows save 50%-100% of the cost of tuition while gaining extensive professional experience.
- Excellence in undergraduate educational background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of leadership experience
- Strong multitasking and time-management skills
- Personal characteristics of compassion, integrity, and an ability to genuinely connect with others
- Evidence of demonstrated professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
How To Apply and Details
The Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health is still accepting fellowship applications on a rolling basis!
We strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible for your best chance at a preferred placement. Applications will be accepted until all fellowship positions have been filled.
The process is as follows:
- Submit your online application. Be sure to indicate your fellowship interest within your application.
- Submit your initial ranking form. Students who are accepted for admission and invited to interview for a fellowship will be eligible to review and rank their preferred positions. If you are invited, your invitation will include a deadline for submitting your selections. Please note: we do not guarantee that you will be invited to interview for your top selections.
- Complete your site interviews. First round of interviews will take place.
- Submit your post-interview rankings. After the interviews, both students and sites must complete and submit their post-interview ranking forms, ranking their preferences for final placement.
- Receive your match notification. Match letters will be sent to all students and supervisors.
- Your participation in the fellowship placement process is NOT a guarantee of being awarded a fellowship.
- As a two year program, the fellowship scholarship is only awarded and applied for the first year of the program. During your first year, you will not be eligible for any other discounts or scholarships. Graduate fellows will be automatically eligible for 50% of their original Deans scholarship in the second year of the program.
- If you are admitted into the traditional program but not offered a fellowship, you will automatically be considered for a Dean scholarship.
- If you are originally awarded a scholarship and then are given a fellowship placement, you will no longer receive the merit scholarship. The fellowship will replace any other discounts.
Fellowship Job Opportunities
The below list of positions is representative of what fellowships are available, but may not be up-to-date. Please view the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Fellowship Positions document for the most current information and a full description of each position.
Presidential Fellowships provide 100% of your graduate tuition and include a 9-month, unpaid fellowship placement of 25 hours per week.
Provost Fellowships provide 50% of a your graduate tuition and include a 9-month, unpaid fellowship placement of 15 hours per week.
PRESIDENTIAL FELLOWSHIP POSITIONS
Hands to Help Public Relation Graduate Fellow
Career Connections Fellow
Wellness Education Graduate Fellow
Academic Coach Compass Program
Career Education & Preparation Fellow
Community Standards Graduate Fellow
Graduate Fellow for Orientation & New Student Programs
Graduate Resident Director
Academic Advising and Program Coordinator for First Year Students
Student-Athlete Academic Support Graduate Fellow
Student-Athlete Compliance Graduate Fellow
Austin Scholars Fellowship Position
Graduate Fellow for CARE
PROVOST FELLOWSHIP POSITIONS
Career Advisor Graduate Fellow
WSESP Career Advisor Graduate Fellow
Enrollment Service Concierge Graduate Fellow
Warrior One Stop Student Services Specialist
Advising Center Program Coordinator for ITEC
Clinical Mental Health Counseling Research Assistant
Dean and Alumni Scholarships
Dean and Alumni Scholarships are available to students who are not receiving a fellowship. No additional application is needed.