Graduate Fellowships in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Graduate fellowships for the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program are highly competitive programs that build and enhance your professional skills and defray tuition costs.
Fellowships offer you the opportunity to enrich your academic study as well as professional development, linking graduate study with earning and work experience.
How It Works
A limited number of Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) Presidential and Provost Fellowships are available for those beginning their first year of study for the two-year program. Applicants interested in the three-year track are not eligible for the fellowship but will be considered for a Dean scholarship if admitted to the program.
CMHC graduate fellows save 50%-100% of the cost of tuition while gaining extensive professional experience.
Sample Fellowship Placements
Care and Wellness Assistant – Working with Merrimack’s Dean of Students Office and assisting with the facilitation of the college’s Crisis Assessment, Response, and Evaluation (CARE) system.
Success Coach – Working alongside the professional staff of the Academic SuccessCenter (ASC) at Merrimack as a success coach with a focus on academic growth and success for entering freshmen as they transition between high school and college.
Student Learning Community Coordinator and Success Coach - Working with Merrimack’s Psychology Department with a focus on successful transition for new undergraduates to the Psychology major.
- Excellence in undergraduate educational background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of leadership experience
- Strong multitasking and time-management skills
- Personal characteristics of compassion, integrity, and an ability to genuinely connect with others
- Evidence of demonstrated professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
How To Apply
To be considered for a graduate fellowship, apply to the Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program and indicate your fellowship interest within your online application.
Acceptance into the fellowship program is a competitive process. In addition to the materials required for traditional graduate admittance, the fellowship application may require additional documents and an interview.
- Eligible CMHC students may apply for the fellowship for the first year of their two-year program only; in the second year, the program requires a significant time commitment at a clinical placement, and thus taking on a fellowship in the second year is not permitted. The tuition award is thus made only for the first year of the program.
- If you are offered and accept a fellowship position, you will not be eligible for any other discounts or scholarships, including a merit-based Dean scholarship or the Double Warrior alumni scholarship
- If you are admitted into the traditional program but not offered a fellowship, you will automatically be considered for a Dean scholarship.
- If you are originally awarded a scholarship and then are given a fellowship placement, you will no longer receive the merit scholarship. The fellowship away will replace any other discounts.
Dean and Alumni Scholarships
Dean and Alumni Scholarships are available to students who are not receiving a fellowship. No additional application is needed.