Graduate Fellowships in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Graduate fellowships for the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program are highly competitive programs that build and enhance your professional skills and defray tuition costs.
Fellowships offer you the opportunity to enrich your academic study as well as professional development, linking graduate study with earning and work experience.
How It Works
A limited number of Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) Presidential and Provost Fellowships are available for those beginning their first year of study for the two-year program. Applicants interested in the three-year track are not eligible for the fellowship but will be considered for a Dean scholarship if admitted to the program.
CMHC graduate fellows save 50%-100% of the cost of tuition while gaining extensive professional experience.
- Excellence in undergraduate educational background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of leadership experience
- Strong multitasking and time-management skills
- Personal characteristics of compassion, integrity, and an ability to genuinely connect with others
- Evidence of demonstrated professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
How To Apply and Details
Now Accepting Rolling Applications
Applications for 2022-2023 fellowships will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- To be considered for a graduate fellowship, apply to the Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program and indicate your fellowship interest within your online application. The priority deadline for submission is Friday, February 18, 2022, by 5 p.m.
- Applicants will be notified of their status in the process by the end of February; Fellowship applicants who are not selected for an interview will be placed on a potential waitlist in the event additional fellowship opportunities arise.
- Eligible applicants will then receive a list of all available fellowships in this program and will be required to indicate their rank preference among all sites.
- Applicants will participate in at least two virtual Zoom interviews between Monday, March 7, 2022, through Friday, April 1, 2022.
- Fellowship placements will be determined by Friday, April 8, 2022; applicants will have until April 22, 2022, to accept or decline their fellowship offer.
Acceptance into the fellowship program is a competitive process. In addition to the materials required for traditional graduate admittance, the fellowship application may require additional documents and an interview.
- Your participation in the fellowship placement process is NOT a guarantee of being awarded a fellowship.
- If you are offered and accept a fellowship position, you will not be eligible for any other discounts or scholarships, including a merit-based Dean scholarship or the Double Warrior alumni scholarship
- If you are admitted into the traditional program but not offered a fellowship, you will automatically be considered for a Dean scholarship.
- If you are originally awarded a scholarship and then are given a fellowship placement, you will no longer receive the merit scholarship. The fellowship away will replace any other discounts.
Fellowship Position Descriptions
Please note: The following position descriptions represent a sample of all that will be available for CMHC programs.
Dean and Alumni Scholarships
Dean and Alumni Scholarships are available to students who are not receiving a fellowship. No additional application is needed.