In our M.A. in Communication, you’ll develop a strong foundation in modern communication theories, tools, and techniques, preparing you to work in range of professional communication roles.
The M.A. in Communication is a 32 credit program which can be completed in as little as one year.
As a student in the communication master’s program, you will complete 8 credits in required courses:
- Principles of Communication (4 credits), at the start of the program
- Communication Capstone (4 credits), in the last semester of the program
For the remaining 24 credits, you will choose from electives spanning strategic communication, digital media, and communication theory.
Elective courses offered include:
- Advanced Advocacy
- Digital Storytelling
- Industry Research
- Intercultural Communication
- Media Ethics
- New Media Industries
- Risk & Crisis Communication
- Social Media Strategy and Analytics