If you would like to earn a minor in history, you may choose one of three tracks, each with its own set of core and elective courses.
Our curriculum will teach you how to:
- Acquire a deep and broad knowledge of history.
- Sharpen your critical thinking and oral and written communication.
- Deepen your understanding and appreciation of different human cultures.
- Understand continuity and change in past societies.
- Identify history’s most pressing questions and come up with research strategies to answer them.
- Develop a method for gathering, analyzing, ordering, combining and interpreting evidence.
As a history minor, you must maintain an electronic portfolio of your work.
Please submit your work on the department’s Google Classroom site. If you’re a first-time user, you’ll need an invitation to join the site. Please remember to use your Merrimack email. For the access code, please contact Erin Madden or Professor Thomas Anderson.