Satisfying the requirements for the minor includes completing a minimum of 18 credits, a minimum of five courses, and an experiential component, as specified below:
- POL2122 Law and Society or MGT3330 Legal Environment of Business (for Management Concentrates in Business only)
- POL3151 American Constitutional Law or POL3152 Civil Liberties and Civil Rights
- Three additional elective courses chosen from those listed below
- Completion of an Experiential Learning Component* (Internship, Service Learning Assignment in a legal area, Moot Court, or engaging in additional activities that expose students to practical experience in the law) *Must be approved by department
- POL3150 Criminal Law
- POL3151 American Constitutional Law
- POL3152 Civil Liberties and Civil Rights
- MGT3320 Employment Law and Labor Relations
- SPM3500 Legal Environment of Sports
- CRM2800 Search and Seizure
Women’s and Gender Studies
- WGS3710 Gender and the Law
* Please note that on-line or hybrid Pre-Law courses do not qualify to meet the five (5) course or 18 credit requirement for the Pre-Law minor.
** Only two (2) Political Science courses may be double-counted between a Pre-Law minor and a Political Science major/minor.