Meet Your Major
As a Spanish student at Merrimack, you’ll develop your language skills while immersing yourself in history and culture.
As a Spanish student, you’ll develop your language skills while immersing yourself in history and culture.
Through travel and coursework, you’ll broaden your worldview and gain the valuable experience you need to excel. Bonus? If teaching is in your future, you can secure Massachusetts licensure through Merrimack and explore your options as a Spanish and education student.
What You’ll Learn
In the Spanish program, you will:
- Hone your ability to understand, speak and write Spanish.
- Be immersed in the language by taking select courses that are taught entirely in Spanish.
- Gain a greater understanding of Spanish literature, film and other creative achievements.
- Study the cultural heritage and history of Europe and Latin America from classical to modern times.
- Explore international politics, finances and business.
Sharpen your linguistic and cultural skills with study-abroad programs in Bilbao, Spain, or Buenos Aires, Argentina, or relevant stateside internships. Outside the classroom, you’ll meaningfully engage with Spanish language and culture by participating in volunteer activities and enrichment events like concerts, art exhibits, lectures and plays.
Upon successful completion of the Spanish program, you’ll be well-equipped to pursue a career in business, academics, politics, the arts or a variety of other fields. Positions may include:
- Cultural adviser
- Foreign correspondent
- Foreign service officer
- Intelligence officer
- International business consultant
Courses You’ll Take
Spanish Major Curriculum