The Department of Biology welcomes students from many academic backgrounds into our program. There are two options to meet the requirements for the Biology Minor:
- BIO 1025 Introduction to Biological Sciences OR BIO 1027 Principles of Biology I
- BIO 1028 Principles of Biology II
- BIO 2010 Ecology
- BIO 2018 Genetics
- One additional biology course* at the 3000 level
- BIO 1025 OR BIO 1027
- BIO 1028
- BIO 2010 OR BIO 2018
- Two additional biology courses* at the 3000 level
*Please note that some Biology courses designed for non-majors are excluded from counting toward the Biology Minor. Examples of two excluded courses are:
- BIO 1106 Human Biology
- BIO 2009 (formerly BIO 3009) Environmental Biology
Students who minor in biology will be assigned an adviser from the biology faculty, and are strongly encouraged to meet with them to discuss a program of courses.
Students from a host of majors, including psychology, chemistry, criminology, health sciences, sociology, communication studies, business, and environmental studies and sustainability, have chosen to minor in biology.
You might also consider double majoring with a B.A. degree in Biology.