The Paul E. Murray Fund has generously enriched science and engineering education at Merrimack College since the 1980s.
The Paul E. Murray Fellowship in Science and Engineering will promote science and engineering research that will lead to enhanced effectiveness in classroom teaching. This objective is to be achieved through support for significant projects of research and study that increase the Fellow’s knowledge in his or her fields and demonstrably add to teaching effectiveness.
The Paul E. Murray Fellowship in the amount of $10,000 will be awarded annually to a member of the Faculty of the School of Science and Engineering beginning in 2001-2002. The Paul. E. Murray Fellow is a competitively selected faculty member. Winning the Murray Fellowship is an honor and a privilege.
At the end of the grant period, the Paul E. Murray Fellow will submit a report to the Dean of the Faculty of Science and Engineering on the work done under the grant, the results obtained, and the materials and perspectives that will contribute to the education of Merrimack College students. The Fellow will also deliver a lecture to the college community at the annual Paul E. Murray Symposium.
List of Murray Fellows
- 2020-21 Dr. Christopher Duston
- 2019-20 Dr. Brian Provencher
- 2018-19 Dr. William McDowell
- 2017-18 Dr. Azam Noori
- 2016-2017 Dr. David MacLaren
- 2015-2016 Dr. Jimmy Franco
- 2014-2015 Dr. Zi Yan, Dr. Michael Corcoran, Dr. Kevin Finn
- 2013-2014 Dr. Jon Lyon
- 2012-2013 Dr. Charlotte Berkes
- 2011-2012 Dr. David MacLaren
- 2010-2011 Dr. David Toth & Dr. Dana Rowland
- 2009-2010 Dr. Jack Adams
- 2008-2009 Dr. Aaron Bradshaw
- 2007-2008 Dr. Cynthia McGowan
- 2006-2007 Dr. Anthony Fernandez
- 2005-2006 Dr. Gregory Sonek
- 2004-2005 Dr. Thomas Hull
- 2003-2004 Dr. Janine LeBlanc-Straceski
- 2001-2002 Dr. Mark Birnbaum
- 2000-2001 Dr. Josephine Modica-Napolitano