Students in our graduate engineering programs have the option to specialize in Engineering Management.
Engineering management “bridges the gap” between engineering and management, and enables a graduate to work with and through people to get things done. This specialization provides graduates with both technical and managerial skills, combining a typical engineering education (technical) with key elements of a typical management or business education (managerial).
Choose at least one of the following:
- Engineering Project Management (4 cr)
- Engineering Management (4 cr)
- Decision Analysis (4 cr)
- Optimization (4 cr)
- at least eight GMGT credits from the degree.
plus up to eight GMGT credits from the Master of Management degree.
Suggested management courses applicable to engineering management include:
- Management Planning and Control (4 cr)
- Marketing Analysis and Decision Making (4 cr)
- Leading Effective Teams (2 cr)
and one of the following:
- Global Business & Economy (2 cr)
- Effective Managerial Communication (2 cr)
- World Class Operations (2 cr)
- Marketing Analysis (4 cr)