The BA in Mathematics prepares you for careers in education, industry, government, or graduate school. See what some of our alums have been doing:
• Timothy Smith ’11 Central Catholic High School, Lawrence
• April Eringis ’09 5th grade math teacher at Wetherbee School, Lawrence
• Elizabeth Sullivan ’09 Littleton High School, MA
• Mark Svendsen ’09 Central Catholic High School, Lawrence
• Jeanna Alunni ’07 Peabody High School
• Kelly Bradley ’07 7th grade science teacher at St Augustine School, Andover
• Danielle Iandoli ’07 Maynard High School
• Krista Lambroukos ’07 Andover High School
• Christina Norris ’07 middle school, Braintree
• Joseph Wyrwa ’07 St John’s Prep
• Joshua Blaszak ’06 St Rita High School, Chicago, IL
• Lynann Sylvester ’06 a charter school in Malden
• Katie White ’06 Wakefield High School
• Beth Arnold ’05 Andover High School
• Diana Buonopane ’05 earned her master’s degree in Middle School Mathematics from Cambridge College and is teaching 8th grade math at the Linden School in Malden
• Claridania Garcia ’05 8th grade, Leonard School, Lawrence
• Zach Kissel (MA & CS ’05) earned a PhD in Theoretical Computer Science at U Mass Lowell. He is an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at Merrimack.
• Allison Fish ’04 Austin Prep
• Kaitlyn O’Neil ’04 earned her MA in math from SUNY Buffalo, worked at Merrimack College as Assistant Director of the Math Center, and she is now the Academic Support Coordinator for the Math Dept. at Swarthmore College in PA
• Christopher Vasta ’04 Xaverian Brothers High School
• Kyle Wescott ’03 earned his Masters in math at UMass Lowell. He is teaching math and is the varsity softball coach at Marlborough High School.
• Kelly Ogden ’01 got her MAT Mathematics degree from Rivier College and is now the Mathematics Department Chair at Littleton High School
• Matthew Witte ’99 St John’s Prep
• Scott Armstrong ’99 Andover High School
• Jenna Volpe ’99 Shawsheen Valley Technical High School and Middlesex Community College
• Colleen Hennessey Irving ’96 Bedford High School
• Dawn Kolifrath Kalinowski ’96, after working as a software engineer at Raytheon for several years, earned her MS in Math Teaching at UMass Lowell and now teaches math at Pentucket Regional HS
• Eugenia Georges ’94 Austin Prep
• Peter Farrell ’88 teaches math and science workshops in California
• Michael Bradley ’78 earned his PhD in math from the University of Notre Dame and is a professor of Mathematics at Merrimack College
• Marcia Burns ’76 teaches in the Science and Technology Department at Bedford HS
• Dennis Snow ’75 received a PhD in math from the University of Notre Dame and is now a professor of mathematics at Notre Dame
• Mary (Puglisi) Noonan ’75 earned her MS in computer science from U Mass Lowell and is the Interim Dean of Science and Engineering at Merrimack College
Industry and Government
• Kacey Pickett ’12 is an accountant at Hydroid.
• Amanda Persichetti (PY & MA ’11) earned her Master in Ocean Engineering from the University of Rhode Island and is now an Engineer II at Navatek Ltd, Rhode Island.
• Noelia Bare ’08 is a senior business analyst at Liberty Mutual Insurance.
• Ronnie Colaianni ’08 is working for the NSA. He earned a master’s degree in applied mathematics from Boston College.
• Jessica Glaser ’08 is an analyst in systems integration at Accenture
• Elizabeth Haddock ’08 works for the Home Health Foundation in Lawrence.
• David Valcourt ’08 works at Financial Architects Partners doing wealth transfer and estate planning.
• Alexandra Morales ’07 works at Philips Medical Systems.
• James Brennan (’06, top ranking student in the division of science and engineering) is a software engineer at OMS SafeHarbor, Lowell.
• Wendy Beth Minton (MA & CS ’05) is working at Philips Medical Systems in North Andover as a software engineer. She earned a master’s degree in Computer Science from Northeastern University.
• James Riel ’05 is Senior Auditor & Assistant VP for RBS America’s. He earned an MBA from Bryant University.
• Janel Duarte ’04 is a business analyst at Moving.com.
• Michael Kidd ’04 is a software developer working on data security for financial institutions at Wincor-Nixdorf.
• Ben King ’03 is a research analyst at Kobren Insight Management, a subsidiary of E*Trade.
• Cristina (Gonzales) Chuica ’02 works for the Social Security Administration.
• Amanda McNamar ’01 is a Systems Engineer at Raytheon.
• Karen (Traister) Sullivan (’00, top ranking student in the division of science and engineering) earned her master’s degree in statistics and operations research from UMass Lowell and is working at Ingenix in Hooksett, NH.
• Kristen Nelson Ducharme ’99 is senior manager of eCommerce at PUMA.
• Dave McGillivray ’76 is the Race Director of the Boston Marathon and the owner and president of Dave McGillivray Sports Enterprises, Inc (DMSE). He recently published his autobiography titled The Last Pick and was named as a recipient of the 2007 Runners’ World Heroes of Running Award.
• Timothy McHugh (EC & MA ’11) earned his Master’s in Economics at the University of New Hampshire. He is now an analyst in the professional billing office of MGPO, which is par tof MGH.
• Timothy Beausoleil ’10 earned a Master of Science in math from the University of New Hampshire.
• Nadia Kotb ’10 is a student in the School of Dental Medicine at Tufts University.
• Jonathan Moore ’09 earned a Master in Applied Mathematics from WPI.
• Adam Gilbert ’07 earned his PhD in mathematics at the University of Rhode Island and is an assistant professor at Southern New Hampshire University.
• Mollie Kerrigan ’06 is the Youth Minister at St John Neumann Parish in Merrimack, NH.
To update or give us your information, email Norma Rueda, co-chair, Math Dept: