General Award Policies
- All federal and state awards are subject to government funding.
- If your FAFSA is selected for verification, you may be required to complete and submit additional documentation to the Office of Financial Aid, which may include federal tax transcripts and W-2 forms.
- Students who withdraw from any course or courses after the drop/add period, or otherwise decrease their course load, withdraw from the college or change housing status, may have their award package adjusted.
- As noted on the Financial Aid award letter, half of the institution and government aid is credited to your account each semester. Please be advised that Federal Work-Study is not deducted from your tuition.
- In order to receive federal and state aid, students must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined in the Merrimack College catalog.
- Merrimack scholarships, transfer scholarships and Merrimack grants are awarded for full-time undergraduate enrollment in the day program. Awards are renewed for four years or eight semesters, providing the recipient is enrolled full-time (defined as 12 credits) at Merrimack and maintains good academic standing as defined in the Merrimack College catalog. Students who are in their final semester of their program and do not require full-time enrollment may be exempt from this requirement, or may have their scholarship pro-rated.
- Receipt of outside scholarships may affect the aid package. Outside awards are first used to meet financial need not already met by the aid package. If a student’s financial need is met, the outside scholarship may affect his/her eligibility for a subsidized loan. Students are required to report outside scholarships to the Office of Financial Aid, even if funding is not disbursed to the college.
- Students must enroll at least half time to retain eligibility for federal loans. Undergraduate half-time status is classified as eight credit hours. Graduate half-time status is classified as four credit hours.
- Merrimack College reserves the right to correct any errors in notification of awards.