Position Overview & Responsibilities
The School of Health Sciences at Merrimack College in North Andover, Massachusetts is seeking outstanding and highly motivated part time adjunct medical-surgical instructors to join our newly established bachelor of science in nursing program. We invite applicants to become part of our inaugural nursing program as part of the dynamic School of Health Sciences, established in 2017. Applications for part time adjunct medical-surgical clinical instructor, 16-week contract (for the upcoming academic term), positions are now being requested. Merrimack College recently opened a state-of-the-art Nursing Center. This space includes 6 simulation labs, 2 classrooms; 2 debrief rooms, 15 faculty offices and 2 large student collaborative spaces.
Merrimack College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with students across a broad range of social and personal identities and perspectives. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Under the supervision and in collaboration with the Executive Director of the Nursing Program, the part time adjunct medical-surgical clinical instructor is responsible for teaching and supervising the learning of junior year, baccalaureate nursing students in medical-surgical clinical settings and Nursing Center Skills Laboratory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications and possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Hold a current MA RN license in good standing.
- Possess an earned master’s degree in nursing or an earned doctorate in nursing (preferred) or possesses an earned bachelor’s degree in nursing and meets 244 CMR 6.04(2)(b)3 Waiver Criteria for appointment to the faculty of a RN program.
- Possess a minimum of three years full-time experience in medical-surgical nursing, or its equivalent, within the last five years and evidence of clinical competence in the area of medical-surgical clinical instruction.
- Maintain nursing practice and academic expertise appropriate to teaching responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with undergraduate students, faculty and staff both orally and in writing.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, especially as relevant to nursing practice and health services.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Possess the ability to learn and use an online learning management system, electronic health records, and other basic technological applications.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to work some off-shifts, if needed.
- The Executive Director of Nursing
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue. Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect, and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith, and our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Application Materials Should Include:
Interested applicants should apply online through Academic Jobs Online. Application materials should include only: a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references.
Vaccinations and Remote Work
This is an on-campus position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
The COVID-19 vaccine and booster for which an individual may be eligible are highly recommended for students, faculty and staff. Merrimack College does not require proof of COVID vaccination for enrollment, employment or to be a guest on our campus.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest-growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.