The School of Nursing and Health Sciences seeks to hire an outstanding and highly motivated Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs to join the administrative staff overseeing the School’s graduate programs. The Assistant Dean is responsible for the daily operations of all graduate programs, leading strategic recruitment and marketing initiatives, supporting fellowship placements and the development of new graduate programs. The School currently offers an MS in Athletic Training, MS in Nutrition and Human Performance, MS in Exercise and Sport Sciences, and an MS in Health Promotion and Management. The Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs works closely with the Associate Deans, Assistant Deans, Chairs and Graduate Program Directors and reports directly to the Dean of the School. This is a 12-month position.
Merrimack College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with students across a broad range of social and personal identities and perspectives. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
- Collaborates with the Dean, Associate Deans, Assistant Deans, Chairs and Program Directors to oversee the daily operations of the graduate programs and strategically align all graduate programs with the mission of the School and of the college.
- Works with college graduate admissions, marketing and communications offices to promote the School’s graduate programs.
- Works collaboratively with graduate student life in support of the student experience of all graduate students.
- Support the fellowship coordinator in management of fellowship placements
- Serves on college councils, committees, work groups, and other bodies, as related to graduate programs.
- Oversees strategy for and application of graduate student academic advising, academic progress monitoring, student records, and graduation verification.
- Represents the School graduate programs at information sessions and graduate open house events.
- Facilitates course scheduling to optimize resource utilization across graduate programs, program quality, and student satisfaction.
- Ensures externally facing materials, such as the graduate program websites and course catalog, are correct and representative of current degree programs and related content.
- Works collaboratively with the Dean, Associate Deans, Program Directors, and Assistant Dean for Administration and Finance for enrollment projections and other administrative functions.
- Serves as a resource and referral source for graduate students seeking various types of assistance.
- Master’s degree in business management, higher education, or related field;
- 5 years in higher education administration or similar management experience;
- Communicate effectively with graduate students, faculty and staff both orally and in
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion,
- Work effectively as part of a team;
- Possess good organizational skills;
- Has the ability to meet deadlines;
Application Materials Should Include:
- A cover letter expressing your interest in the role and outlining your qualifications and experience.
- A comprehensive resume highlighting your educational background and professional experience.
- A statement addressing how your entrepreneurial mindset aligns with the mission and values of Merrimack College and your vision for managing graduate programs and expanding research capacity within the School.
- Contact information for three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Vaccinations and Remote Work
This is an on-campus position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
The COVID-19 vaccine and booster for which an individual may be eligible are highly recommended for students, faculty and staff. Merrimack College does not require proof of COVID vaccination for enrollment, employment or to be a guest on our campus.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Catholic and Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Catholic and Augustinian mission and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 4,000 undergraduate and some 1,400 graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries. The College features more than 100 career-focused undergraduate, professional and graduate programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject and student success. The College comprises five schools: liberal arts, science and engineering, nursing and health sciences, the Winston school of education and social policy, and the Girard school of business. The College’s suburban 240-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in the towns of North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges and Universities/Larger Programs (M1) institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up in the U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 34th out of 175 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2022. Merrimack also ranked 3rd in the Most Innovative Schools category. Merrimack is a NCAA Division I athletic institution.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.