The Assistant Director of Admission for Visitor Services & Events is an integral part of the Welcome Center team that ensures all prospective families and campus visitors have the best possible visit experience both for daily events, as well as large scale events.
The Assistant Director of Admission for Visitor Services & Events will focus attention on all aspects of event planning and execution to achieve optimum results. The Assistant Director must drive timelines forward and serve as an overall project manager for all the signature undergraduate and graduate admission in-person and virtual events. This Assistant Director coordinates and oversees college wide volunteers and staff to carry out creative programming, and conducts frequent surveys to provide event data to focus on improvements and ensure positive outcomes are attained.
In addition, this person works with visitors through every stage of the campus visit process and is expected to actively participate in the strategy designed to recruit, admit, and enroll an entering class that meets institutional goals. This person will present on average 2-3 weekly admission information sessions and conduct prospective student interviews on a rolling application basis. The Assistant Director must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, creative thinking, problem solving and the ability to quickly resolve problems with common sense with available resources.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Admission for Visitor Services & Events and must have the ability to work independently as well as on a team. The Assistant Director must use fair judgment, and provide an excellent visitor experience that is on brand with the mission and vision of Merrimack College.
- Present on average 2-3 weekly admission information sessions to prospective students and families.
- Build all on campus, virtual and various off campus events in slate, monitor all event registration and attendance.
- Build and monitor all event surveys.
- Management of all registrant communication for on campus, virtual and various off campus events
- Communicate all aspects of event logistics that includes but is not limited to: Room reservations, set-ups; Staff schedules; Catering Needs; Media Needs; Coordinate event volunteers; Event marketing; Faculty participation; Department participation; Marketing needs; Campus Signage; Parking Needs
- Work in conjunction with the Associate Director of Admission for Visitor Services & Events in event execution for recruitment and yield events on campus, virtual and various off campus events to ensure these events meet high standards, this would include Open Houses, Admitted Student Days and other events.
- Participate in all signature admission events including both on-campus and virtual events.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Admission for Visitor Services & Events and other members of the Welcome Center staff to continually identify areas to enhance a high-quality visit experience. Actively participate in the development and implementation stages of new enhancements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years of higher education experience, preferably in admission or visitor services.
- Experience with Slate CRM is preferred.
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities at all times.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively document policies and procedures.
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours and extended days with the ability to juggle competing priorities effectively.
- Commitment to and experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion and experience working with diverse student populations.
Application Materials Should Include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Vaccinations and Remote Work
This is an on-campus position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
The COVID-19 vaccine and booster for which an individual may be eligible are highly recommended for students, faculty and staff. Merrimack College does not require proof of COVID vaccination for enrollment, employment or to be a guest on our campus.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Catholic and Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Catholic and Augustinian mission and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 4,000 undergraduate and some 1,400 graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries. The College features more than 100 career-focused undergraduate, professional and graduate programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject and student success. The College comprises five schools: arts and sciences, engineering and computational sciences, nursing and health sciences, the Winston school of education and social policy, and the Girard school of business. The College’s suburban 240-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in the towns of North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges and Universities/Larger Programs (M1) institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up in the U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 34th out of 175 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2022. Merrimack also ranked 3rd in the Most Innovative Schools category. Merrimack is a NCAA Division I athletic institution.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.