Position Overview & Responsibilities
This position reports to the Associate Vice President and Dean of Student Success. The Director of Student Success is responsible for the research, formation, implementation, administration and ongoing assessment of student services and career development. In this role, the Director collaborates with student success program leaders, faculty, and cross-campus partners to improve the effectiveness of the college’s retention and graduation rates. In addition, the Director will supervise and mentor work study graduate fellows.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use data to develop and assess student success efforts, programs, and activities
- Work with Associate Vice President and Dean of Student Success in designing and implementing new initiatives across units and the campus and engaging in strategic planning and assessment activities
- Will work on a variety of projects aimed at improving student success and progression towards degree
- Manage front-facing office, develop training materials and standards to insure high level of customer service for all students, and both mentor and manage a group of graduate fellows
- Responsible for communication planning and developing marketing materials promoting student success support services for various audiences
- Assist with the development of marketing strategies for department services, activities, projects, programs, and events, including flyers, brochures, and other publications, social media, and internet marketing.
- Responsible for a variety of student outreach and follow-ups related to emerging student issues and situations
- Assists students in identifying and connecting with other support services including tutoring and academic support, counseling, and co-curricular activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience working in a managerial role
- Experience with excel and data management; willingness to learn systems
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects
- Flexibility to adapt in a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience providing professional, high-level of customer service
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to building programs that support equity, inclusion, and diversity
Application Materials Should Include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Required Vaccinations and Remote Work
This is an on-campus position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Catholic and Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Catholic and Augustinian mission and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 4,000 undergraduate and some 1,400 graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries. The College features more than 100 career-focused undergraduate, professional and graduate programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject andstudent success. The College comprises five schools: liberal arts, science and engineering, nursing and health sciences, the Winston school of education and social policy, and the Girard school of business. The College’s suburban 240-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in the towns of North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges and Universities/Larger Programs (M1) institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up in the U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 34th out of 175 schools ranked in the RegionalUniversities North category in 2022. Merrimack also ranked 3rd in the Most Innovative Schools category. Merrimack is a NCAA Division I athletic institution.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.