The School of Nursing and Health Sciences at Merrimack College in North Andover, Massachusetts is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated faculty member to join our Bachelor of Science in nursing program. We invite applicants to become part of our inaugural nursing program as part of the dynamic School of Nursing & Health Sciences. Applications for a tenure-track (Assistant/Associate Professor) or non-tenure track (Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor) 9-month contract faculty position in nursing are now being requested. Merrimack College recently opened a state-of-the-art Nursing Center. This space includes 6 simulation labs, 2 classrooms; 2 debrief rooms, 15 faculty offices and 2 large student collaborative spaces. One of our strategic goals is to become an inclusive campus.
Merrimack College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with students across a broad range of social and personal identities and perspectives and a commitment to prepare students to serve a diverse population. We particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented groups.
Description: The ideal candidate should be highly experienced and skilled in undergraduate mental health nursing curriculum and course development, NCLEX preparation and testing, and clinical and didactic instruction in the mental health field. Experience in simulation development, implementation and evaluation would be a plus. Candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate courses in the areas of mental health, and other courses based on expertise; advise students; contribute to curriculum and policy development, CCNE accreditation and State regulation self-studies, governance and evaluation of all nursing program components.
The Full-Time Nursing Faculty must satisfy the following minimum qualifications:
- A graduate degree in nursing required for the non-tenure track; a PhD in nursing or related field required for tenure-track.
- Current/unencumbered Massachusetts state RN license, healthcare provider CPR and immunizations as recommended by the Massachusetts Department of Health.
- A minimum of two years of full-time experience in mental health nursing, or its equivalent, within the last five years and evidence of clinical competence in the area of clinical instruction required for non-tenure track; additionally nursing education teaching at the college level preferred for tenure track.
- A defined program of research that is outstanding for the individual’s career stage (required for tenure-track position).
- Outstanding record of professional service commensurate with career stage;
- Excellent clinical skills in nursing (or related fields) to support clinical education.
- Understanding of healthcare disparities and disparate needs of historically underserved communities.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity in research, education, and in clinical practice.
Application Materials Should Include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications, and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Name and contact information for three references.
- Teaching Statement
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Vaccinations and Work Location
This is an on-campus position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
The COVID-19 vaccine and booster for which an individual may be eligible are highly recommended for students, faculty and staff. Merrimack College does not require proof of COVID vaccination for enrollment, employment or to be a guest on our campus.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Catholic and Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Catholic and Augustinian mission and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 4,000 undergraduate and 1,400 graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries. The College features more than 100 career-focused undergraduate, professional and graduate programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject and student success. The College has five schools: arts and sciences, engineering and computational sciences, nursing and health sciences, the Winston school of education and social policy and the Girard school of business. The College’s suburban 240-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in the towns of North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges and Universities/Larger Programs (M1) institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up in the U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, ranking 33rd in the Regional Universities North category in 2024. Merrimack is a NCAA Division I athletic institution.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.