The Budget Office at Merrimack College is recruiting for a newly created role of Senior Financial Analyst, reporting directly to the Vice President of Financial Planning & Chief Business Officer (VPFP & CBO). This role supports the College’s efforts to maintain central budgetary functions in both an efficient and effective manner. The Senior Financial Analyst acts as the functional expert in the budgetary system(s) used to support business operations across the College.
Merrimack College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with students across a broad range of social and personal identities and perspectives. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
- Lead budgetary IT efforts across the current and future ERP systems:
- Develop/set-up of the annual budget process within Questica, the current budget system, including setup of the training environment, data audits, pre-system open reporting and post-system close reporting
- Maintain all budget-supporting backup in various media for review
- Lead implementation of Jenzabar J1’s (the new ERP system) fiscal components
- Assist the VPFP & CBO in maintaining and synchronizing the College’s 5-year plan:
- Analyze spending patterns, program profitability and other key metrics
- Project use of institutional funds and debt issuance proceeds for capital project cash flow and liquidity planning
- Spearhead College financial reporting efforts:
- Perform ad-hoc reporting, financial and statistical analyses, trend information, benchmarking, and statistical models
- Design standardized financial reports for unit/departmental leaders
- Create divisional and programmatic P&L/RCM templates and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or other quantitative field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; ideally in higher education fiscal affairs
- Proficient in the use of reporting tools, ERP systems and databases. Experience with Questica, Jenzbar, and/or Cognos/Cx systems, a plus
- Knowledge of working with data analytic tools such as Python, Tableau, SAS, Microsoft BI
- Possess a strong understanding of general accounting and budgeting rules/ practices
- Must have advanced Excel skills – vlookup, index, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to foster an environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Application Materials Should Include:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Vaccinations and Remote Work
This is an on-campus position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
The COVID-19 vaccine and booster for which an individual may be eligible are highly recommended for students, faculty and staff. Merrimack College does not require proof of COVID vaccination for enrollment, employment or to be a guest on our campus.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Catholic and Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Catholic and Augustinian mission and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 4,000 undergraduate and some 1,400 graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries. The College features more than 100 career-focused undergraduate, professional and graduate programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject and student success. The College comprises five schools: liberal arts, science and engineering, nursing and health sciences, the Winston school of education and social policy, and the Girard school of business. The College’s suburban 240-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in the towns of North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges and Universities/Larger Programs (M1) institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up in the U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 34th out of 175 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2022. Merrimack also ranked 3rd in the Most Innovative Schools category. Merrimack is a NCAA Division I athletic institution.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.