Merrimack College is seeking an accomplished, goal-oriented Sr. Director, Prospect Research and Portfolio Management to join the Office of Development and Alumni Relations and be part of the team that is advancing the College through the strategic Plan, the Agenda for the Future.
The Director will play an important role in campaign planning activities. The Director will define, implement, and manage the prospect research, analytics and portfolio management to maximize the potential of the College’s overall prospect pipeline to ensure success of the campaign and all fundraising efforts. Using industry best practices and the newest tools, the Director will develop, implement and streamline business processes, including those related to prospect research, predictive modeling, portfolio management and report development and analysis in alignment with department goals.
- Using industry best practices, plans, implements and manages strategies to identify, rate, assign and track prospects with the capacity to make leadership, major, planned and principal gifts.
- Manages and implements an effective prospect management and tracking system, to help ensure prospects are moved in a timely manner and successfully through the fundraising cycle.
- Oversee prospect research goals, programs, and policies to ensure fundraising staff have the appropriate prospect information to achieve fundraising objectives.
- Develops strong relationship with and provides consultation to Directors of Development and other fundraisers to assemble a comprehensive prospect portfolio and ensure an adequate number of prospects to support fundraising priorities.
- Performs other work such as assisting in the identification of volunteer leadership prospects; Overseeing the development of research briefs for the president and senior leadership.
- Performs such other duties, responsibilities, and activities as required by supervisor and as departmental/College needs indicate.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in related field such as prospect research, prospect management, fundraising or data analytics. Applicable professional experience relating to job duties, preferably in a higher education setting and supporting campaign goals.
- Attention to detail
Application Materials Should Include:
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Vaccinations and Work Location
This is an on-campus position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
The COVID-19 vaccine and booster for which an individual may be eligible are highly recommended for students, faculty and staff. Merrimack College does not require proof of COVID vaccination for enrollment, employment or to be a guest on our campus.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Catholic and Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Catholic and Augustinian mission and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 4,000 undergraduate and 1,400 graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries. The College features more than 100 career-focused undergraduate, professional and graduate programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject and student success. The College has five schools: arts and sciences, engineering and computational sciences, nursing and health sciences, the Winston school of education and social policy and the Girard school of business. The College’s suburban 240-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in the towns of North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges and Universities/Larger Programs (M1) institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up in the U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, ranking 33rd in the Regional Universities North category in 2024. Merrimack is a NCAA Division I athletic institution.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.