The Rogers Center for the Arts at Merrimack College is one of the College’s premiere campus facilities for both professional and academic work. The Center and the Department of Visual and Performing Arts (VPA) should be viewed as the synergistic cultural engines for the College. Presently, the Center provides professional-level learning classrooms, as well as performance and research opportunities for students. In the future, the College would like to build positive relationships and partnerships with its regional community.
We are looking for a leader that has an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work with various types of people. The Rogers Center is overseen by the President’s Office, but for day-to-day collaborations, however, this position will be an important and essential team member to the VPA department, as well as provide support to the larger Merrimack community.
This position will oversee the operational needs of the Center year-round. These include:
- Management of day-to-day operations, i.e. setup/breakdown for classes and student activities.
- Schedule and coordinate large scale events and academic activities such as Admitted Student Days, Orientation Events, Presidential events, etc.
- Oversee, coordinate, and train student staff in both technical and managerial work.
- Work closely with administrative and academic departments across the College to develop and expand the Center’s collegiate and community mission.
- Oversee compliance with local and national safety codes, in partnership with facilities.
- Perform operational tasks necessary to ensure safe, clean, productive working facilities. Including building walkthroughs, inventories, facility logs, work orders and set-up support for the Rogers Center.
- Overseeing various building spaces: Lobby (Atrium), Auditorium, Dressing Room, Green Room, Scenic Shop
- Managing bookings of Rogers Center
- Working with Campus Services and Conferencing & Events, keeping calendars up-to-date
- Working with VPA for scheduling of classes and events for both semesters
- Technical direction for groups utilizing the space: power, tables, chairs, sound, lighting, general equipment
- Acting as Master Electrician for VPA and Student Shows (if Applicable)
- Managing the Rogers Center Website: updating information on facility, events and box office
- Keeping the facility up-to-date with industry and educational standards: organizing and inventory of equipment, keeping equipment safe and functioning
- Managing student workers
- Working with Facilities for cleaning, submitting work orders
- Participation in program preparation meetings with campus partners, as well as post-event review meetings.
- Serve on events and College Committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with industry standard software and hardware, such as Google Suite, EMS (events scheduling), Vectorworks, AutoCAD, QLab, lighting and sound board systems, box office ticketing systems. Training on such systems can be expected.
- OSHA 30 Certified (or willing to be certified at College’s expense)
- Certified training with theatrical rigging systems (or willing to be certified at College’s expense)
Application Materials Should Include:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Contact information for three professional references
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Vaccinations and Work Location
This is an on-campus position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community.
The COVID-19 vaccine and booster for which an individual may be eligible are highly recommended for students, faculty and staff. Merrimack College does not require proof of COVID vaccination for enrollment, employment or to be a guest on our campus.
Statement on Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Catholic and Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Catholic and Augustinian mission and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 4,000 undergraduate and 1,400 graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries. The College features more than 100 career-focused undergraduate, professional and graduate programs, all taught by exceptional faculty who are passionate about their subject and student success. The College has five schools: arts and sciences, engineering and computational sciences, nursing and health sciences, the Winston school of education and social policy and the Girard school of business. The College’s suburban 240-acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in the towns of North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges and Universities/Larger Programs (M1) institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up in the U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, ranking 33rd in the Regional Universities North category in 2024. Merrimack is a NCAA Division I athletic institution.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.