Athletics Hall of Fame Enshrines 11 New Members
Merrimack College enshrined 11 new members into its Athletics Hall of Fame Oct. 12 — the school’s first induction ceremony since 2004.
- jimstankie@gmail. com 603 494 0711
The new inductees were welcomed by senior administration officials and dozens of current Hall members at a ceremony that featured the opening of a new Hall of Fame Gallery in the Merrimack Athletics Complex’s Volpe Center.
Merrimack President Christopher E. Hopey and Director of Athletics Jeremy Gibson delivered remarks throughout the event, which culminated with each new inductee receiving a commemorative framed photo.
Those enshrined included nine former student-athletes who brought distinction, honor and excellence to the college and two individuals whose merit, special contributions and leadership helped advance the Merrimack and its athletic program. They include:
- Molly Cindric ’11, women’s volleyball
- Darren Duncan ’10, men’s basketball
- Jim Hrivnak ’89, men’s ice hockey
- Andrew Jackson ’08, football
- Andrea Leonard ’00, women’s cross country
- Joelle Martin ’06, women’s basketball
- Steve McAuliffe ’98, men’s soccer
- Raffaella Paparo ’96, softball
- Sue Plante ’90, women’s soccer
- Greg Rogowski ’09, men’s lacrosse
- Richard Gallant, H’15, special contributor (president, Islanders Hockey Organization)
- Dave McGillivray ’76, H’12, special contributor (president and owner, Dave McGillivray Sports Enterprises)
The event served as an unofficial kickoff to the college’s annual Homecoming Weekend, which featured the opening of the new Warrior Stadium on Friday night.