A HIGH-DEMAND FIELD
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that by 2020 there will be “1.4 million computer-science-related jobs available and only 400,000 computer science graduates with the skills to apply for those jobs.” The Bureau of Labor Statistics also states, “employment of web developers is projected to grow 15 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations.” Attend a webinar to learn more about web developer job growth.
The Merrimack College Coding Certificate Bootcamp is an accelerated program unlike any you’ve ever taken. No previous development experience, classes or degrees are required, just a willingness to work hard and succeed.
In just 14 weeks, this part-time, intensive program will provide you with the necessary skills to succeed in the highly competitive and rewarding field of web application development.
Review the skills you’ll learn and technologies this course covers below, and contact us for a copy of our syllabus for a true understanding of everything this course has to offer!
- Build and deploy web applications
- Understand the fundamentals of modern start-to-finish software development
- Build Amazon Alexa Skills
- Manage version control with Git & Github
- Build RESTful APIs
- Create test suites
- Interact with databases, manipulating code quality and returning information
- Understand why and how code works
- Communicate effectively under pressure
- Debug code
- Create innovative solutions on a diverse team
- RESTful APIs
- Amazon Alexa Skills
- Mocha, Chai, and Expect
- NiM Developer Tools
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Test Driven Development
- Git & Github
- Model-View-Controller (MVC Architecture)