- Introduction to College Writing
- Introduction to Literary Studies
- Major British and World Authors
- History of the English Language
- Studies in Beowulf and Old English Literature
- Studies in Chaucer and Middle English Literature
- Studies in Renaissance Literature and Milton
- Readers, Writers, and Books (seminar using McQuade Library’s Special Collections)
- Senior Seminar
She is a recipient of the college’s Edward G. Roddy Award for Excellence in Teaching.
Dr. Branca’s scholarly articles, research grants, and conference papers reflect her continuing interest in Chaucer, book history, and teaching medieval literature. Her current work focuses on illustrated editions of Chaucer, including those for children.
Geraldine S. Branca specializes in Old and Middle English language and literature and medieval English manuscripts and early printed books.
Her courses offer opportunities to explore the development of the English language, to practice editing and translating medieval literary texts, and to learn about rare books and manuscripts.