MaryKay Mahoney, Ph.D.
MaryKay Mahoney teaches courses in Victorian literature, detective fiction and creative writing.
Ph.D., University of Kansas
- Studies in Victorian Literature
- Self and Society: The Victorian Novel
- Seminar: Arthur in Victorian Literature
- Detective Fiction
- Creative Writing
- Advanced Creative Writing
- Introduction to College Writing
- Introduction to Literary Studies
- Senior Seminar
Mahoney has published articles on works by writers Patricia Highsmith, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Ngaio Marsh, Nicholas Blake (pseudonym of C. Day Lewis) and Emma Lathen (pseudonym of Mary Jane Latsis and Martha Henissart), as well as on the use of Truman Capote’s “In Cold Blood” in introductory literature courses.
She has presented papers for over 20 years at the national Popular Culture Association conference, including a three-year series of presentations on the advice given to mystery writers by Writer’s Digest over a 75-year period.
978-837-5000, ext. 3428