Steven D. Scherwatzky
Steven specializes in Restoration and eighteenth-century British literature. His courses emphasize the interplay between literature and history and explore the ways in which literature reflects and shapes lived experience.
- Introduction to College Writing
- Introduction to Literary Studies
- Angels and Demons: Milton and the Culture of Revolution
- Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Literature
- Eighteenth-Century Novel
- Sex, Race, and Empire: 1660-1814
- Senior Seminar: The Epic Imagination in Life and Art
- The Undead Eighteenth-Century: The Origins of English Gothic Literature
- Honors- Introduction to College Writing
In addition to presenting papers regularly at professional conferences, Dr. Scherwatzky’s most recent publications include “Johnson’s Fallen World” in Theology and Literature in the Age of Johnson (University of Delaware Press, 2012); “Politics” in Samuel Johnson in Context (Cambridge University Press, 2012); and “Richetti’s Narratives” in Eighteenth-Century Life (2012). Dr. Scherwatzky was honored in 2005 with the Edward G. Roddy Award for Excellence in Teaching.