- Associate Dean
- Professor, English
- 18th-Century British Literature
My research explores the relationship between 17th- and 18th-century British literature and history, with a focus on politics and Enlightenment thought.
- Ph.D. English Rutgers University
- M.Phil. English Rutgers University
- M.A. English Rutgers University
- B.A. English and Philosophy Boston College
- John Milton
- Samuel Johnson
“Samuel Johnson and Autobiography: Reflection, Ambivalence, and ‘Split Intentionality’” New Essays on Samuel Johnson: Revaluation. Ed. Tony Lee (Newark: University of Delaware Press, 2018).
“Johnson’s Fallen World.” Theology and Literature in the Age of Johnson. Ed. Melvyn New and Gerard Reedy (University of Delaware Press, 2012). 131-146.
“Politics.” Samuel Johnson in Context.” Ed. Jack Lynch (Cambridge University Press, 2012). 303-11. “Richetti’s Narratives.” Eighteenth-Century Life. 36:1 (Winter 2012). 89-92.
- Roddy Award for Excellence in Teaching, Merrimack College, 2005.