- Assistant Professor, Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Accounting Education
Dr. Zhao’s primary research interest is financial reporting issues, such as financial reporting quality and earnings management. Her second line of research is accounting education. Her research papers have been published in high-quality peer-reviewed journals. She has presented her research at peer-reviewed conferences including American Accounting Association (AAA) Annual Meeting, AAA Spark Meeting, AAA Teaching, Learning and Curriculum (TLC) Section Colloquium, AAA Mid-Atlantic Region Meeting, AAA Northeast Region Meeting, AAA Southwest Region Meeting, Financial Management Association (FMA) Annual Meeting. Dr. Zhao was recognized as a Doctoral Consortium Fellow at the AAA/Deloitte Foundation/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium in 2013.
- Ph.D. Accounting Florida International University
- M.S. Accounting Indiana University
- M.A. Economics University of Notre Dame
- B.B.A. Financial Management Nanjing University