Kathryn Nielsen ’99
- Associate Provost and Director of Strategic Initiatives
- Director, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Lecturer, School of Education and Social Policy
Kathryn Nielsen has served since December 2014 as founding director of Merrimack’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning and as a lecturer in the School of Education and Social Policy.
In June 2017, she assumed the additional responsibilities of associate provost and director of strategic initiatives in the provost’s office.
Her research has appeared in New Directions on Transformative Learning and The Journal of the Academy of Business Education. Formerly the interim director of Merrimack’s Writing Center and a multilingual specialist, Nielsen’s undergraduate teaching has centered on the development of writers through inclusive learning practices.
- Postdoctoral Certificate, Management and Development, Educational Leadership and Administration, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Ph.D., Educational Studies, Lesley University
- M.A., English Literature, University of New Hampshire
- B.A., English, Merrimack College