Ph.D., Business Administration, University of Rhode Island
M.B.A., University of Michigan
M.Eng., Cornell University
B.S., Cornell University
- Business Statistics
- Operations Management
- Managing World-Class Operations
- Business Intelligence & Statistical Analysis
- World Class Operations & Supply Chain Management
Professional Responsibilities and Services
- Session Chair & Reviewer, Northeast Decision Sciences Institute (NEDSI), 2007-2010.
- Production, Operations and Quality Management Track Chair, NEDSI, 2008-2009.
- Coordinator of Doctoral Students/New Faculty Consortium, NEDSI, 2007-2008.
- Quality & Productivity Track Chair, NEDSI, 2007–2008.
- Reviewer, Journal of Business and Economic Studies, 2 Papers, 2007.
Papers in Refereed Journals
Han, S. Bruce, Sim, Khim and Maling Ebrahimpour, “Relationships among ISO9001, competitive dimensions and profitability,”International Journal of Services and Operations Management, Vol. 11, No.2, 2012, pp. 222-236.
Huang, Li-hsuan, Chen, Shaw K. and S. Bruce Han, “The Effect of Business Reorganization and Technical Innovation on Firm Performance,” Journal of Business and Economic Studies, Vol. 17, No. 1, 2011, pp. 29-36.
Han, S. Bruce, Chen, Shaw K. and Maling Ebrahimpour, “The Impact of ISO 9000 on TQM and Business Performance,” Journal of Business and Economic Studies, Vol. 13, No. 2, 2007, pp. 1-23.
Han, S. Bruce and Shaw K. Chen, “Effects of ISO 9000 on customer satisfaction,” International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2007, pp. 208-220.
Papers in Refereed Proceedings
Han, S. Bruce and Maling Ebrahimpour, “In Quality Management, Firm Size Matters,” Northeast Decision Sciences Institute Thirty-Ninth Annual Meeting, Alexandria, Virginia, March 26-28, 2010.
Han, S. Bruce, “Relationship Between Operations Strategy and Financial Performance,” Northeast Decision Sciences InstituteThirty-Eighth Annual Meeting, Uncasville, Connecticut, April 2-4, 2009.
Han, S. Bruce, “Relationship Between Firm Performances and Profitability,” Northeast Decision Sciences Institute Thirty-Seventh Annual Meeting, Brooklyn, New York, March 28-30, 2008.
Han, S. Bruce and Shaw K. Chen, “Do Type of Ownership, Size and Quality Orientation of an Organization Matter?,” Northeast Decision Sciences Institute Thirty-Sixth Annual Meeting, Baltimore, Maryland, March 28-30, 2007.