Patricia H. Howson
- Associate Professor of Practice, Education
- Program Director, Bachelor Completion Program
I joined Merrimack in 2011 as director of the bachelor’s degree completion program in child, family and community studies. In this role, I review and develop curricula based on current developments and trends in the program, advise students and mentor adjunct faculty who teach in the program.
In addition to these responsibilities, I am actively involved in many professional endeavors. I provide teacher training in Antigua, West Indies; work as a STEM and early-childhood consultant for Greater Lawrence Community Action Council Head Start; and present nationally and internationally on various topics in child and family development; leadership and administration; and early teaching and learning in language literacy, social studies and STEM.
I am professor emerita at Rivier University, were I served in the roles of director of the graduate and undergraduate early-childhood education programs, department chair, and coordinator of teacher-preparation program re-accreditation.
- Ph.D. Boston College
- (EDU 2110) Foundations and Principles of Education
- (EDU 4900) Practicum, Moderate Disabilities
- (EDU 4904) Practicum, Elementary School
- (EDU 4905) Practicum, Early Childhood Education
- (EDU 4906) Practicum, Early Childhood Education