- Associate Professor of Management
- Employee Engagement
- Innovative Pedagogy
- Organizational Change
- Team-Based Learning
I am currently doing research in the area of team-based learning initiatives, management education, organization change and employee engagement. I am an active member of the National Academy of Management, Eastern Academy of Management and the Organizational Behavior Teaching Society.
- Ph.D. Organization Studies UMass Amherst
- M.B.A. Business Administration University of Southern Maine
- B.S. Business Administration (Marketing) and English University at Albany, SUNY
- Effects of Employee Engagement
- Experiential Learning
- High-Impact Practices in Higher Education
- Individual Adaptation to Change
- Psychological Thriving
Sendall, P., Stowe, K., Schwartz, L., and Parent, J. (2016). “High-Impact Practices: An Analysis of Select University and Business School Programs.” Business Education and Accreditation, 8(2): 13-27.
Lovelace, K., Parent, J., and. Litvin, D. (2015). “The Global Organizational Behavior Project: Using Comparison Learning to Enhance Students’ Global Mindset.” Journal of the Academy of Business Education, 16(2), 72-95.
Parent, J. D., Sullivan, C. C., Hardway, C., and Butterfield, D. A. (2012). “A Model and Test of Individual and Organizational Factors Influencing Individual Adaptation to Change,” Organization Management Journal, 9(2).
Stowe, K., Parent, J. D., Sendall, P and Schwartz, L. (2012). “Are Business School Students Prepared to Present? The Pedagogy of Presentation Skills in Business Schools,” Journal of the Academy of Business Education, Fall 2012 v13, 105-121.
- Grant, TD Bank Charitable Foundation, 2017.
- Faculty Fellowship, Merrimack College’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, 2016.
- Outstanding Theoretical Application Paper, Eastern Academy of Management, 2013.
- Edward G. Roddy Teacher of the Year, Merrimack College, 2012.