Professor and Chair
- Social Movements
- Sociology of Education (Writing Intensive)
- Ways of Knowing I: Research Methods
- Ways of Knowing II: Statistics
- Ways of Practicing: Internship
- Ways of Seeing I: The Sociological Imagination
Dr. DeCesare’s areas are social movements, education, research methods, and teaching and learning. His articles, essays, and reviews have been published in a variety of scholarly journals. His third book, Death on Demand: Jack Kevorkian and the Right-to-Die Movement, appeared in July 2015. Dr. DeCesare has served as president of the Merrimack College AAUP chapter since 2012.