John A. Gallagher
John Gallagher joined the department mechanical engineering in fall 2014.
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of California Los Angeles
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Boston University
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Union College
- MEN 3020: Material Science
- MEN 3032: Thermodynamics II
- MEN 3034: Heat and Mass Transfer
- MEN 5050: Advanced Mechanics/FEM
- GEN 1001: Introduction to Engineering
Gallagher has previous professional experience as a production manager and engineering consultant in the engineering/manufacturing industry.
His research on the nonlinear phase transformation behavior of ferroelectric materials has been published in peer-reviewed journals and presented at numerous conferences and workshops. Dr. Gallagher’s research interests include characterization of ferroelectric constitutive behavior, energy harvesting, and enhancing education through technology.
- Experimental and analytical characterization of the constitutive behavior of ferroelectric materials under multiaxial mechanical, electrical, and thermal loads.
- Nonlinear ferroelectric phase transformations.
- Dielectric and mechanical losses and damping.
- Energy harvesting.