Tips for you!
Ask any question you have and we will answer almost immediately. You may have questions that are urgent or think may not be “worthy” to ask. We are asking you, to ask away!
- Stop in the office and say “hello” to our Generation Merr1mack Program Coordinators, have lunch, use our computers, do your homework, study or just spend time in our space (O’Reilly 208A).
- Be you! This is your time to shine, and we want you to be able to be the best you can be while you are here. If you want to get involved with a club or organization on campus, let us know firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need help in a class: Be sure to ask sooner than later! If you don’t know how to approach your professor, let us know and we will guide you through the process.
- Follow us on Twitter! @G1_Merrimack. Learn more about Generation Merr1mack, first generation college students and how you can be supported.
The resources below have been compiled specifically for a student’s understanding of the struggles, triumphs, and support for all first generation college students.
First Generation College Students
- Defining a true first-generation college student
- Blog about a first generation a college student who landed an internship that created a source of confidence for him
- Scholarships for First Generation College Students
Major Scholarship Competitions
- Target Scholarships
- CollegeWeek Live Scholarships
- Massachusetts College Scholarships
Stop by O’Reilly 208A Monday through Friday between 9am and 4pm and get a free Generation Merr1mack t-shirt. You should be proud to be first generation. Wear it during Spirit days, the first friday of every month.