Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (online)
The C.A.G.S. program in Educational Leadership is designed for professionals who are seeking a leadership role in schools or related institutions.
Candidates who are currently working as administrators in schools may want to align their administrative skills with the new Educator Evaluation System. For those who plan to prepare for top-level positions in educational administration, the program serves as a foundation for further graduate study. Students interested in only the Performance Assessment for Leaders (PAL) Preparation will follow a distinct sequence of courses.
There are three tracks available in the online C.A.G.S. program:
You may complete the C.A.G.S. program in 18-24 months. Courses are 100% online. You may also tailor your course selection to best meet your career goals and interests. Applicants are eligible for the Dean Scholarship to help save on tuition costs.
The C.A.G.S. is an advanced degree, and has the following application requirements, which may differ from the master’s level application.
- Completed online application.
- Current resume/CV that demonstrates three years employment as a teacher, administrator, or supervisor in a public, private, or higher education setting.
- Final transcript that demonstrates the receipt of a master’s degree in education or an educational related field.
- Two letters of reference from a supervisor in the education field who can speak to the candidate’s professionalism, leadership, and ability to be successful in an advanced degree program.
- Personal statement that answers the question: “What does it mean to be an educational leader in the 21st century?” (500-1000 words)
For more information on the C.A.G.S. in Educational Leadership, contact the Office of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-837-3563.