The Writing Center
The Writing Center offers free writing consulting service to all members of the college community. Students can make use of the Writing Center to grow more independent and confident in their academic, personal, and professional writing. We are supportive readers interested in your becoming a confident and capable writer. We work with writers at all levels because every writer can benefit from a thoughtful, informed reader’s response during the writing process.
The Writing Center provides help in a variety of areas, including:
- Choosing topics
- Organizing writing projects
- Solving specific writing problems, from getting started to editing/proofreading
- Developing research abilities
- Creating individual writing styles
- Developing PowerPoint presentations
- Developing skills in written English, if English is not your first language
The Writing Center is located on the third floor of the McQuade Library and is open in fall and spring semesters for walk-ins from 6PM to 9PM Sunday-Thursday and 11AM to 3PM Monday-Thursday (no appointment necessary).